Saturday, August 29, 2009

A quiz

A quiz

At Jamie's request, here is a quiz for people called James Cotton. Anyone else is also welcome to enter, albeit at massively reduced probability of success:

1. At which textile company did Granddad Cotton work?

2. What is the name of the only object from Cameroon in the Cotton household?

3. What is the proper name of the red colour applied to London, Midland and Scottish railway passenger locomotives?

4. What was the name of the Cotton family house in Sri Lanka?

5. Are lungfish more closely related to salmon or cows?

6. Complete the sequence: Custard, Nugget, .......?

7. Name the wetland north of Heaton County Primary School.

8. What were the names of our two long-term drivers in Delhi?

9. Where was Neill found after his 'Big Night Out' in Cyprus? Where did Mum think he was?

10. Name 5 Cotton pet dogs.

11. How many houses in the East End has Trevor lived in?

12. What was the name of the shower company that Neill acted as a 'consultant' to aged 16?

13. What was the 3rd largest city in the Soviet Union?

14. Name 4 Atlas Brewery products.

15. Name 4 Atlas Brewery outlets.

16. Who has a 'slightly smaller sack'??

17. What is the full name of the hotel from the first visit to Tunisia?

18. Which is bigger: 'Red Devil' or 'Jack Dempsey'?

19, When Jamie kissed Natalie Baker behind the bikesheds was Trev betrayed by:
A) Natalie; or
B) Jamie

20. Ouzo or Raki?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Gemma and Trevor! Hello! I finally went through the blog link that Gemma sent and I am so jealous of your travels. It sounds like you are having a great time and I love reading about it. I dont know any of the answers to your quiz questions, although I feel like I should answer that a lungfish is closer to a cow, because its the less obvious answer. One of your questions surprised me though--you had a second driver in Delhi? I cant remember the name of the first, but I will never forget him asking me why women are such bad drivers. My perfect driving record wouldn't change his opinion. What happened to him? Have fun in Greece and on the rest of the way home!

James Cotton said...

How do we stop Dad copying my answers?

1. pass
2. Jim or Fred
3. Maroon
4. Swarna Giri
5. Cow
6. Swansea
7. Doffcocker Lodge
8. Prasad, Afiz
9. On the balcony, dead (Claire got the first part.. I was about to say 'beach')
10. Brindle, Bob, Poochie, Maggie, Jess. I think in that order
11. Houses - 0. Flats/apartments - 4
12. Aqualisa
13. Kiev
14. Latitude, Wayfarer, Three Sisters, Nimbus
15. Grog and Gruel, Fort William. Three Judges - Byers Road, Glasgow. The Antler Kinlochleven , Clachaig Inn, Glencoe.
16.Trevor
17. Les Orangers.
18.Are these Cichlids? I guess Jack Dempsey
19. Neither
20. Neither

James Cotton said...

Or for 1, do you now mean Dad by 'grandad Cotton', in which case tootal.